Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Blog About Nothing

I was hoping to have some exciting news to report, but so far, things have not materialized as expected.

With nothing to update, I will steer you to my Hot Chicks and Strangers dating blog, where I went on a recent posting frenzy. If you are the political sort, I posted my thoughts on the Presidential inauguration in my wrestling blog of all places. When you read it, you will see why.

Speaking of wrestling, I was riding the bus today and overheard a slightly geeky and overweight fellow lecturing his friend on the history of the Royal Rumble. In twenty minutes, he covered the years 1988-1994 and he was still going strong when I got off the bus.

I don't know which was more embarrassing: Hearing a grown man talk loudly about professional wrestling in a public space, the fact he knew such exhaustive minutiae even wrestlers don't care about, or the fact that I was listening avidly and had to fight the urge to jump in and correct him on a couple of the finer points.

In other news, Bubba and I went out last night to a friend's birthday at a local nightclub. Much drinking and dancing ensued. One nineteen year-old young lady I chatted with was rather stricken that a gentleman in the room was resisting her advances: "I like him, but I don't know if he likes me."

I'm pleased to report that as I left, I saw them kissing beside the DJ booth.

Got to love a happy endings.

No comments: