Monday, December 29, 2008

Upcoming Stuff

Upcoming Writing
Friday, January 2 - The Edmonton Journal

Upcoming Comedy
Monday, January 19 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Tuesday, January 20 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

Dan's writing on relationships can be found at hotchicksandstrangers.blogspot.com


Quiet month as far as self-promotion goes.

This upcoming article may very well be my final regular article for the Journal. If you like it (or my humor writing in general), feel free to email them and let them know you enjoyed it.

I'm going to miss doing those articles. If I'm honest with myself, I'm also going to miss my mini-celebrity status. I wonder if this is how the guys from Warrant felt after Nirvana and Pearl Jam single-handedly erased glam rock from the scene.

It's also a great motivator for me to start looking for other places to publish my work as well as finish the two books I'm working on. Dating for Shy Guys is nearly finished. The other--an untitled book about pro-wrestling--is just getting started. In the meantime, it's time to get off my butt and start hustling for more writing work. So far I've got queries going out to Pro Wrestling Illustrated and Buddhism Today--no one can accuse me of not being diverse in my interests.

Anyway, if this is the end, thanks to everyone who read my articles and supported my writing in the Journal and ed magazine over the last three years and a half years or so. Being able to write for the paper I've read all my life was a dream come true and thank you all for the opportunity.

(And if you know anyone interested in buying funny articles about the rather mundane life of a stand-up comic, let me know. I'm not too proud to beg for work--especially when it's something I love doing)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan - I will definitely write to the Journal about that - I think your articles are really refreshing and I'd be sad to see them go. Do you have an email address I could send it to? I couldn't find one. (you can just email me)