Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Screaming Like Banshees"

The Undead invaded Edmonton last night.

And I was proud to be a part of it.

The River City Zombie Committee held a Zombie Prom, which is exactly what it sounds like. We all dressed up like zombies, walked down Whyte Avenue in character ("Braaiins, Braiins")...then took the LRT to Jasper Avenue ("Traiinns...traiins.") and headed down that way.

It was fun. We got some strange looks and a lot of people taking pictures with their cellphones. There were some great costumes too.

I'll post a link to some pics when I see them.

My favorite part was staggering by the bars and liquor stores with my ID held up or 'attacking' a group in a car while they giggled and took pictures.

Shuffling, moaning and groaning has never been so much fun.

Afterwards we went to the Deadmonton horror festival where I saw Night of the Creeps for the first time since Junior High School.

I remember watching it with my friend Chuck and loving it. I wasn't sure if seeing it again it would be as good as I remembered.

It was even better.

What made it an even more cool experience was that Night of the Creeps isn't available on DVD so this is the only way I was ever going to get a chance to see it again.

No comments: