Monday, March 24, 2008

new headLINEs

Latest headLINES is up

I complain now and then about rude people at the Comedy Club, people who think they are entitled to anything they want. I used to think those people had no redeeming social value.

I was wrong.

A friend (I haven't chosen his nickname yet; I'm thinking of going with PrettyBoy) and I were at a karaoke bar on Saturday. Every five minutes it seemed, the server was checking in on us.

Finally, I asked. "Why do you come by so often?"

She said: "Because when I'm out I often want stuff. Even if I order a drink, I might decide two seconds later I want something else, and I hate having to wait for a waitress."

In other words, she was one of those annoying types. But as a server, she's taken her weakness and turned it into a strength. She was a woman who made the decision lived up to her own standards.

That's pretty cool.


Upcoming Comedy
Monday, April 21 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton

Upcoming Teaching
Dating for Shy Guys and Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy - For details go to www.metrocontinuingeducation.ca

Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, April 4
Friday, April 18

Current Living Article is up here

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Monday in the Edmonton Journal's ed online. Current headLINES is here

A Pair of Singles (co-written with Dawn Dumont) Current article is here

No comments: