Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Never Mind Matt Damon, I'm *****ing Powermann!

Upcoming Comedy
Monday, March 17 - The Comic Strip

Upcoming Teaching
Dating for Shy Guys and Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy - For details go to www.metrocontinuingeducation.ca

Upcoming Writing
Current Living Article is up here

Upcoming Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal (Subject to change)
Friday, March 7

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Monday in the Edmonton Journal's ed online. Current headLINES is here.

A Pair of Singles (co-written with Dawn Dumont) Current article is here


"Normally I discount anything Powermann says, but this time he's exactly right"
-Lars Callieou

I have never heard a human being so accurately summed up in a single quote. Powermann is three parts village idiot, one part prophet and you never know what you're going to get at any given time.

I brought a date with me to a show this weekend. I knew she was going to meet Powermann. Powermann can be an acquired taste so I wasn't sure how things were going to go.

I was worried they wouldn't get along, which would have been uncomfortable.

As it turned out, they got along like two peas in a pod, which was terrifying.

My world was askew. Turned topsy-turvy. I was freaked right out. And possibly agog as well.

Powermann, never one to smell blood in the water without taking a bite, capitalized on the moment.

POWERMANN: (growing louder with each word as the Powermann Overload System ticks steadily to the red zone) Brodribb, Me and your girl have so much in common. It's like you're dating me. In fact, you are dating me! BRODRIBB, YOU'RE GOING OUT WITH ME!! HEY, EVERYBODY, BRODRIBB AND ME ARE HOOKING UP!!!!

Now all I can imagine is being in mid romantic congress with this woman when all of a sudden her face morphs into Powermann's like Adam Sandler's rivals in 'The Waterboy.' It's grinning up at me and talking to me in a Powermann voice and laughing a Powermann laugh.

POWERMANN: Don't thtop now, Brodribb, it's just gettin' good, haw-HAW!

I hope I don't have to break up over this, because that would be an awkward conversation.

DAN: Look, this just isn't working.
HER: Why not?
DAN: Because you're Powermann.

No comments: