Friday, February 29, 2008

Dan Gets Punk'd--And Updates

New Pair of Singles is up here.

New Living Article is up here.

My latest Living article involves my part-time office job. Here's another story from that same job.

At my office job, we have a program where we call back clients to evaluate the quality of our service. One of my co-workers (I'll call him WiseGuy) thought it would be hilarious to offer a callback to another co-worker who works downstairs. He also included in the notes a description of the woman using the word "special."

Enter Dan.

Not realizing it was a joke, I actually made the call. Here's how it went.

SPECIAL WOMAN: Hello?
DAN: (talking extra-slowly for the 'special' client) Hi, this is Dan calling from...
SPECIAL: Hey, Dan. Great to hear from you.
DAN'S BRAIN: Boy, this woman's even more out to lunch than I thought. She thinks she knows me.
DAN: Anyway, we wanted to check in on...
SPECIAL GIRL: Dan, it's ME...from downstairs.
DAN: (to WiseGuy) WiseGuy, you a**hole!
WISEGUY: That worked out to be even funnier than I thought it would be.

Upcoming Comedy
Friday, February 29 - The Comic Strip
Saturday, March 1 - The Comic Strip
Sunday, March 2 - The Comic Strip
Monday, March 17 - The Comic Strip

Upcoming Teaching
Dating for Shy Guys and Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy - For details go to www.metrocontinuingeducation.ca

Upcoming Writing
Current Living Article is up here

Upcoming Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal (Subject to change)
Friday, March 7

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Monday in the Edmonton Journal's ed online. Current headLINES is here.

A Pair of Singles (co-written with Dawn Dumont) Current article is here

No comments: