Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Back For More

Comedy
Monday, May 14 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Wednesday, May 30 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Thursday, May 31 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Friday,June 1 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Saturday, June 2 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Sunday, June 3 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Tuesday, June 5 - Cliff's Pub, Bear Children's Fundraiser, Edmonton

Upcoming Writing
Living Columns in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, May 25 - Lasagna Pan Blues

A Pair of Singles (with Dawn Dumont) in ed magazine every second Saturday
This Saturday: Online Dating Part 1

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on MySpace at www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

Dan Brodribb's Wrestling Blog can be found at maritalartgallery.blogspot.com


You haven't heard from me in a while, because I've been obsessed with the NBA playoffs. Of course now with the best series (Spurs vs. Suns) being over, and the Spurs halfway through stomping my beloved Utah Jazz into Mudhole-Town, I think I'm done (OPEN LETTER TO THE JAZZ: I love you with all my heart. But those powder blue uniforms have got to go. It's hard to take a basketball team seriously when their road gear is the same color as a baby's footie pyjamas).

According to KATHLEEN MCGEE's blog, Rugby fest was quite an event. I only saw the aftermath, as ANDREW IWANYK and TRAVIS ROBINSON dropped by the Comic Strip afterwards. IT was a...memorable show to say the least. Drunk comics, drunk audience members...I've never seen anything like it.

If you like 80s glam metal, you might want to check out RATT POISON, a Edmonton cover band. They do a pretty good job. HEAVY METAL would love these guys.

No comments: