Sunday, November 05, 2006

Update

Upcoming Comedy
Friday, November 10 - Yuk Yuks (Edmonton)

Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Journal
Friday, November 17 - The Best Announcer in the World

Television(as 'Martial' Art McNeil)
MPW Madness airs every Friday night (Saturday morning) at 1 AM

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed section of the Edmonton Journal

Be Dan Brodribb's friend on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/danbrodribb

They're having XM radio tapings at Yuk Yuks this Friday night. I'm on the 10:30 PM show with SEAN LECOMBER and a number of others. Hope to see you there.

This Friday night on MPW MADNESS I'm told we'll see the footage of my character getting pied by the Heatseekers. I expect there might also be some wrestling too, so tune in.

I MC'd Monday at the Comic Strip. MCing is one of the most personally challenging spots for me, but it's also one of the most rewarding. A good MC warms up the crowd and convinces them that the show they're going to see is the greatest show they will ever see. I've noticed a good MC also affects the way other comics, especially less experienced ones approach a show. A bad attitude is contagious and if the crowd isn't responding well, sometimes comic will go on stage already surly and hostile towards the audience. Other MCs are so great that when you go up, you feel ready to give your best, because they've made the crowd feel so welcome and comfortable, that you have a lot of freedom to do what you want.

Rehearsals for 'Sure-Shot Dombrowski' in which I'll be playing a small role start this Sunday. BILL GEE, LARS CALLEIOU and I are also planning to shoot something for the Edmonton Journal website on Monday. I'll keep everyone posted.

No comments: