Thursday, February 16, 2006

Update

Upcoming Comedy
Sunday, February 19 - The Comic Strip, Edmonton
Thursday, February 23 - Private Function, Chateau Lake Louise
Saturday, April 1 - The Legion, Stettler

Upcoming Writing
Living Articles in the Edmonton Journal
Friday, March 3 - The Dice Whisperer
Friday, March 17 - Son of Elvis

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the ed magazine supplement to the Edmonton Journal

-Check SEE magazine in the next few weeks, and you may see some ads for Yuk Yuks featuring the cartooning skills of KERRY UNGER. In addition to being one of my favorite comics, Kerry is a skilled cartoonist--instead of CDs, he sells greeting cards after his shows. He's also recording a CD of his songs with WINSTON HERBERT, and having heard his songs, I'm looking forward to that as well.

An interesting side note: Wednesday, Kerry actually included my name in a new joke he's working on about a discussion we had regarding the origin of the name of the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. I'm not sure how I feel about this--on one hand, I'm flattered to be included in the act of someone whose work I've admired for so long, but on the other what I said was so appalling, I'm kind of embarassed to have that particular comment associated with me (to make matters worse, Kerry actually had to clean up what I said to make the joke even remotely presentable, even to a bar crowd)

-There's an MPW show in Bonnie Doon Mall next Saturday at 2pm. I'll be there to do commentary on the action. It's my understanding that a few of the MPW stalwarts are on Tony Condello's Northern Hell tour right now. If so, it should be a great opportunity for some of the other guys to step up and get a little more time.

No comments: