Monday, August 22, 2005

More Updates, Less Title

UPCOMING
Thursday, August 25 - Yuk Yuks
Friday, September 2 - Yuk Yuks
Saturday, September 3 - Yuk Yuks

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in ed magazine, a supplement of the Edmonton Journal

-Well, BLUE CHICAGO is no more. I'll miss it--I'll never forget that magical night where MAX MAULT shaved his head on stage. On the bright side, KATHLEEN MCGEE has opened a new room Sunday nights at the THIRSTY TURTLE just about Funky Pickle on Whyte Ave. This Sunday I caught a great performance there by SHAWN GRAMIAK and the evening was capped by a bunch of great pros: PAUL MYREHAUG (and his lovely and talented assistant KERRY UNGER) and HOWIE MILLER. It was a raucous crowd; ANDREW IWANYK described it as "Gladiator Comedy" and he's not incorrect. Go on down and give it a try.

-I'll be teaching my course on writing Science-Fiction and Fantasy again trhough Metro Continuing Education. It will be running five Mondays starting October 17. If you're interested you can contact them at www.metrocontinuingeducation.ca or phone them at 428-1111.

-As I reported, I'm putting a website together. I've had a few pictures taken (Thanks to Tammi at Storm's Eye Inc. (www.stormi.ca)) and I'm looking to see which ones people like the most. If you want to put your two cents in you can see the pictures and vote at http://photos.stormi.ca/gallery/dan.

No comments: