Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Update (need a better title)

Upcoming Comedy Dates
Sunday, July 17 - The Comic Strip (5 min)
Monday, July 18 - Blue Chicago
Sunday, July 24 - The Comic Strip (5 min)
Monday, July 24 - Blue Chicago
Thursday, July 28 - Yuk Yuks (10 min)

Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the Edmonton Journal's ed magazine supplement

-One of my columns might be getting a feature position in the Journal. I'm looking forward to that. Ultimately, I'd like to be writing humor columns on a weekly basis, but we'll have to see. My schedule is getting pretty tight.

-I did a little acting in a video shoot for the United Way last week. It was great getting back in front of the camera again. Time to start clearing a shelf for my Academy Award. The United Way is a great organization and they do a lot for the community, so if you can find time or money to donate, it all goes back into helping various community organizations, so ultimately it's coming back to all of us.

-I got a note from the Walt Hicks at Hellbound Books (www.hellboundbooks.com). My contributor's copy of 'Cold Flesh' is in the mail, which of course includes my short story 'Glass Houses.' I can't wait to read some of the other stories in it. Go to the website to find out how you can get your own copy. If you bring it to a show, I'd even be happy to sign it--you never know--it might be worth something someday.

-I'm really enjoying working on comedy at BLUE CHICAGO every Monday. They have great fries and steaks, and it's a great room to work on new things in and watch other comics do new things. If you're the kind of person who doesn't mind expecting the unexpected, or if you've ever wanted to try comedy yourself, why not give it a try? KATHLEEN MCGEE hosts, and she loves seeing new blood on stage (not literally). We're a pretty supportive group, so if you want to come down and see if you have what it takes, you're always welcome.

-I did a show in Fairview last Thursday with TYLER HAWKINS, a very funny comedian. We spent the whole drive talking about 80s metal, 80s TV shows, and dinosaurs. Good times.

No comments: