Monday, July 25, 2005

UPCOMING GIGS
Thursday, July 28 - Yuk Yuks
Friday, September 2 - Yuk Yuks
Saturday, September 3 -Yuk Yuks

Writing
-Dan Brodribb's headLINES appears every Saturday in the Edmonton Journal's ed magazine.
-Dan Brodribb's short story 'Glass Houses' can be found in the anthology 'Cold Flesh' available through Hellbound books at www.hellboundbooks.com

-I got a nice feature in the Journal on Friday about my dad's suit. The funny thing is, I didn't know it was running that day, so I nearly missed it. I was really happy with the picture. The photo shoot was a lot of fun, and the photographer (I remember her name as Candice, but I've been wrong before) did a great job as did my 'director' Caroline.

-I finally got my copy of Cold Flesh. It looks great, and if you're a fan of the zombie literature, you can pick it up through www.hellboundbooks.com

-Good luck to everyone who went out to audition for that Jesse James movie whose title I can't remember. I heard there was a line of people stretching all around the hotel where they were auditioning, so just making it inside the building is an accomplishment.

-Finally, I'm waiting on an article about CHRISTINA SCHMOLKE to see print. She's a fantastic singer/songwriter and she'll be the house musician at THE MELTING POT restaraunt once September rolls around. She's just finishing up a new demo, so see her now for free while you have the chance. She's got the talent to go very far.

-Those of you with strong stomachs might want to check out the SUSPENSION BARBECUE on August 13. Suspension is where they take a willing participant (in this case, my good friend DJ DERVISH) and hang him from hooks. Don't try this at home kids. Anyway, tickets are 20 bucks and it starts at 6 pm at 20910-7th avenue.

No comments: